TERMS AND CONDITIONS – Miaow Cat Sitting
- Bookings are subject to these Terms and Conditions, which may be amended from time to time and posted on Miaow Cat Sitting’s (MCS) website
- MCS will treat your personal information confidentially and will not pass on your details to any third party.
- When using our services you agree for MCS to contact you via the method agreed at initial consult.
- After initial meeting you may choose for MCS to retain your keys for future visits. All keys are marked with only the name of the animal and no address details. Should you wish to have the keys returned after the first assignment this will be free of charge. However, should you wish the key to be picked up or dropped off for any subsequent sitting visits, then a fee may be applied.
- MCS reserve the right to use photograph(s)/video(s) of your pet for marketing, social media purpose. The images will not include obvious evidence of location of property and will only be used after you have returned to your property. If you do not authorise its use, this should be stated at the initial meeting.
- Permits must be provided to MCS, if you are in a restricted parking zone.
- For safety it may be necessary for the pet sitter to have a companion with them during a visit.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions, MCS will make every effort to continue with the visits as planned however we reserve the right to alter the booking schedule. Where a cat requires timed medication, the original visit time would be adhered to.
- We will always try and visit your pets as near as possible to the time you requested. If any unforeseen situation arises, the time interval may be adjusted.
- MCS pet sitter(s) have a valid DBS certificate.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to pets other than cats cared for by MCS.
- Payment terms : invoices are to be paid within 7 days of issue date and will normally be invoiced at the end of each commission or visit.
- It is expected that all supplies are provided by the owner for the duration of the visit(s). If supplies run out MCS are happy to replenish them; the client will be billed/invoiced for these items. MCS will always try to combine any shop visit with another trip though if this is not possible, there may be a charge for fuel costs.
- In the unlikely event that a cancellation is needed, no charge will be applied.
- In the unlikely event that MCS cannot honour your booking we will endeavour to provide at least 7 days notice and suggest an alternative sitter. We are not liable for any extra costs incurred.
- Information given in the initial registration form will be used for all subsequent bookings unless we are notified that there has been a change in your pet’s condition or requirements
- As cat sitting is in your own environment, MCS does not require your cat(s) to be vaccinated although MCS believe it is good practice to keep vaccinations up to date. We ask that you ensure that your cat is in good health and free from fleas and adequately wormed. If we believe your pet is not in good health we reserve the right to seek veterinary advice on your behalf and you will be liable for the fees.
- Where a cat(s) requires medication we will always endeavour to administer it as agreed. MCS cannot be held responsible if the cat misses any medication if they are allowed free access to outdoors and do not return home at the agreed visit time.
- In the event of any cat becoming ill whilst in our care, we will endeavour to use your cat’s registered veterinary surgery. However, we reserve the right to use whichever vet we deem to be appropriate in the circumstances. We will always try to obtain the clients consent for any treatment prescribed although where any emergency treatment is needed, discretion will be used to authorise the vet to proceed. The client is responsible for paying any veterinary costs.
- MCS cannot be held responsible and is not liable for injury, disappearance or death of any cat with unsupervised access to outdoors.
- MCS will leave your property as they found it. We will clean away any visible mess such as urine, faeces, vomit, etc.
- The client gives MCS permission to enter their property to carry out the booked service at the arranged date(s) and time(s).
- MCS will make adequate steps to ensure your home is safe and secure in your absence, however MCS cannot be held responsible for any burglaries, accidents or damage. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the property, its contents and pets are adequately insured throughout the duration of the assignment.
Insurance and Liability
- Miaow Cat Sitting has valid pet minding and public liability insurance, which can be seen upon request.
- The insurance only covers MCS for the duration of the selected service, and only for the services agreed.